About Shawn Beard
Shawn A. Beard, MA, SFW, NCC, LPC, proprietor of New U by Design is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Strengthsbased Family Worker, and Nationally Certified Counselor specializing in individual, couples and family therapy. With several years experience as a therapist, and as a graduate of Waynesburg University specializing in working with Anxiety, Depression, Trauma, Life Changes and Transitions; Shawn is currently serving as private practitioner working with a broad spectrum of clients. Among his areas of expertise are Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, and Trauma Informed Care.
Shawn understands how life includes unexpected events that can alter our personal world. On the other hand, there may not be any specific issue that you can place your finger on that may be contributing to unexpected thoughts, feelings, and emotions. These situations can bring about unwelcomed thoughts and emotions making it more challenging to move through day-to-day living. Shawn has several years of experience providing therapy to individuals and groups. He welcomes the opportunity to support you through your life journey.
In addition to being a Therapist, Shawn Beard has presented at various groups and to general audiences speaking on topics including procrastination, assertive communication skills, fair fighting techniques, interpersonal communication skills, and identifying and replacing ill-conceived rule sets.
- Waynesburg University Master of Arts Counseling
- University of Phoenix Master of Business Administration Business
- Fairmont State University Bachelors Management
- Associates Retail Management
- Associates Hospitality
License, Certifications & Awards
- License Professional Counselor
- National Certified Counselor
- Strengths-based Family Worker
- Ongoing Continuing Education via the following organizations:
- PESI, National Board of Certified Counselors, Pittsburgh Mercy, Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs, University of Pittsburgh School of
- Social Work, ACOPC, Temple University, Community College of Allegheny County
Professional Activities and Memberships
- American Counseling Association
- National Board of Certified Counselors
- NAR, PAR
- Glencannon Association, Vice President